Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ole Biloxi Schooner Seafood Restaurant


Nestled in beautiful downtown Biloxi is the Ole Biloxi Schooner Restaurant. This local gem serves breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Saturday and lunch and dinner on Sundays. It's not much to look at, but the food is like delicious.

When I first walked in and saw the cramped dining area I thought to myself... oh boy. But I seated myself (as the sign instructed) and waited, not too long, for the server to take my drink order. Waiting on her to return, which took a little longer than I had hoped - but it didn't look like she had a whole lot of help - I was able to take in the decor. The walls are covered with pictures of shrimp boats and land marks in Biloxi that don't exist anymore.

The menu isn't terribly big, it has all the fried seafood you could think to ask for, poboys, gumbo and "down home comfort food like fried pork chops. You can order from the menu or choose the daily special, where you get the entree of the day and desert of your choice. I decided on the special - shrimp spaghetti.

It was an awesome choice as I was rewared with a heaping plateful of spaghetti with marinara sauce and shrimp, a roll and my choice for desert - bread pudding. The portion size was more than worth the bill - which drink and tip included came out under $15!

Only because the service was a little slow do I give this place 4 stars out of 5, but I definately recommend anytime you are in Biloxi to look up the Ole Biloxi Schooner.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Please post directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a great deal for the amount you paid.

    ReplyDelete