Saturday, September 3, 2011

Porter Avenue Bistro


Porter Avenue Bistro is located in Ocean Springs, MS. It's menu boasts "Southern Comfort Food, classic Italian and French dishes along with hand cut steaks and fresh seafood." It is open for lunch and dinner Tuesdays-Saturdays.

I visited the bistro at lunch time. Its hard wood floors and white linen tables clothes immediately caught my attention. The layout of the restaurant is very spacious and you can choose to dine indoors or if the weather is nice they have patio shaded by oak trees.

The service is A+. I was promptly seated and only had time to glance at the front of the menu before there was a server ready to take my drink order and answer any questions I had about the menu.

The menu hosted a variety of items from pizza and poboys, gumbo and steaks to the very decadent desserts. I chose to try the shrimp and grits, hamburger steak with a side of spinach and crab cakes and shrimp linguine. (No, I didn't go alone I had help and we all shared!)

The shrimp and grits that sit in a creamy sauce where cooked to perfection. The grits were not lumpy or gummy on the inside of the crust, they were cooked just enough so that the sauce complimented them perfectly.

The hamburger steak was very juicy and had just the right amount of pepper corn so that it zinged a little when you took a bite. The spinach was a nice addition to the dish.

The crab cakes and shrimp linguine as scrumptious. The crab cakes where made with a hint of oregano that added just the right amount of flavor to it. The linguine was cooked perfectly, just aldente enough. I was very impressed with the amount of shrimp in the dish considering it already had the crab cakes.

Overall, the experience I had at Porter Avenue Bistro was excellent. I will definately be going back.

If you'd like to find out more about this restaurant below is their web address where you can find more pictures and a sample menu.
http://porteravenue.com/

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Can you post directions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound great to me also. Seafood has always been one of my favorite meals. Shrimps and grits may or may not sound good together, but it worth taking a look and taste. I think this is a wonderful site to inform people of what is ot there and where to go find food.

    ReplyDelete